Lately we ran an Instagram contest to advertise our Etchings App for iPhone and iPad. To assist us run the competition we used Statigram which is an Instagram internet viewer and social analytics instrument for contests & neighborhood administration. Statigram has over 3.1 million customers so their contest platform gave the impression to be one of the simplest ways to reveal the most individuals to our Etchings app; there additionally don’t appear to be any good options on this house in the mean time.
Table of Content
- Mobile App Marketing
- keyword install android
- buy app reviews installs downloads
- google play keyword research tool
Statigram’s picture contest toolkit included a number of easy steps to get us began:
- Outline a hashtag(#EtchingsAppContest): We tried to maintain it as quick as attainable whereas additionally being descriptive.
- Create a contest picture(above): We needed to get folks interested in displaying off what the app can achieve this we centered on the etching and saved the copy easy, with simply the hashtag and a name to motion. We posted variations of the picture utilizing totally different etchings all through the competition to maintain it contemporary.
- Determine on prizes:We gave away one thing that we thought Etchings customers would admire – the brand new Polaroid Z2300 10MP Digital Prompt Print Digicam for first prize. Second and third prize obtained prints of their profitable entry printed on glass by Fracture.
- Select which international locations to focus on:Etchings is on the market all over the place and is localized in a number of languages so we saved the competition open to all international locations.
- Add contest Phrases & Circumstances:We had to perform a little research right here to verify we lined all of the bases and had a lawyer evaluation it for us simply to make certain.
As soon as the competition was dwell, we additionally promoted it on Instagram, Fb and Twitter. Over the 2 week length we had over 1000 entries with some wonderful creativity and expertise on show. We had been thrilled by the wide selection of topics and general high quality of the entries. Every single day we’d watch the entries roll in and talk about among the finest.
When the competition was over we used the moderation instrument supplied by Statigram to refuse the pictures that didn’t meet the competition standards: 902 had been accepted and 258 refused. A lot of the refused pictures had been spam or simply common images that weren’t etched although the principles of the competition had been clear that entries needed to be created utilizing the Etchings app.
Judging Course of
To decide on a winner, we had a panel of 5 judges – three members of the MindSea staff, and two visitor judges. Every decide selected their high 10 which resulted in 41 distinctive pictures. From the shortlist of 41 there have been eight pictures that appeared greater than as soon as. The judges ranked the ultimate eight pictures and the three winners had been determined utilizing the Prompt Runoff Voting course of. The flowchart beneath helps describe how this works.
We then reviewed the outcomes to verify every decide was proud of the method and from there we introduced the three winners on Instagram, Fb, and Twitter.
Was It Price It?
In the course of the contest interval, we gained nearly 500 followers on Instagram, and we reached a rare viewers full of wonderful artists and photographers – the general high quality of etchings on Instagram has improved and downloads of Etchings app elevated by roughly 30% throughout the contest interval.
The general contest price roughly $1,000 (CAD) to run. Roughly $550 (420 Euros) for the Statigram contest, and $450 (CAD) for the prizes (having the profitable etchings printed on glass and the Polaroid Z2300 10MP Digital Prompt Print Digicam.) The competition was an ideal promotion that has caught our audience’s consideration and it was nicely value the fee and energy to run.
Some issues we might do otherwise if we had been to have one other contest can be:
- Create an extended operating contest(an add-on supplied by Statigram at extra price). Having an extended contest would end in extra etched images on Instagram, and extra time for folks to obtain the app.
- Utilizing the Fb promotional instruments supplied by Statigram.This is able to attain extra Fb customers, leading to extra app downloads and contest entries.
- Make guidelines extra particular.We had some confusion with the rule, “The extra likes you obtain, the extra probably you’re to win a prize.” and “The general public response to Entries as seen in Likes might be considered.” We should always have been extra clear about these guidelines: some folks get a whole lot of likes on each picture as a result of they’ve a lot of followers so it’s not essentially indicator of high quality. Some entrants additionally acquired very upset who had loads of likes however didn’t win a prize.
- Launch the competition along with an app launch or main replace.This is able to acquire extra publicity, app downloads, and followers.
- Have a custom-made contest web page(an add-on supplied by Statigram at extra price). This is able to make our contest stand out from the group, and permit us to indicate off extra pattern pictures and supply extra information on prizes.
- Companion with different organizations to extend promotion, maybe cellular pictures blogs, newspapers, or prize companions.
- Discover different contest instruments.There are options to Statigram, akin to Fb contesting plugins, which might be good to take a look at.